Monday, May 21, 2012

Dulan Boruah, volunteer May, 2012



Dulan Boruah, volunteer
Energetic youth.
He is  doing  BSc 3rd year in Orissa, India
wrote his  experience at  Parijat Academy: 

Dear all,
             Heavenly flowers' as the name Parijat suggests, truly children are flowers Mother Nature has created in this Earth. Their smiles reflect the purity of human soul, happiness human have got. They play, run, they may fall and cry, but after a few moments they get up & forget that they were hurt. There are many things that  adult may learn from these kids.
        After getting a confirmation call from Uttam Teron,  the founder,  the soul of Parijat Academy. I was very excited to come to Parijat Academy, as it would be the first experience as a Volunteer in a school. I started to plan my stay, confusion started hovering in my mind, “ Will I be able to teach the children? Will I be able to deliver what I have planned?” After attending their first Morning Assembly all the confusion get cleared seeing the charmful, cheerful children, words may not describe them correctly, it is a matter to feel the true character of children of the Parijat Academy.
           I packed some books, other things and borrowed a camera from a friend.
     On 9th of may I reached Parijat Academy and very grateful that Uttam Teron da, himself took the pain to receive me at the railway station. Such is his generosity. I am staying at the Alohi Ghar (guest house), it is very nice, I can see open green fields and the blue mountains at distant directly through my window, a complete paradise to rest.
              Children are well mannered, obedient and disciplined. You wouldn`t know from what background they are, what their parents are like some them go into jungles to collect firewood, etc. Parijat Academy is bringing the qualities to these children. Their morning assembly shows it. In the assembly they do lot of activities, chant a hymn, do prayer, take students pledge, present Great sayings, read newspaper, recite poems in Assamese, English & Hindi. Sing academy song “ Parijat ful ami, sishu Parijat…”, then Assamese community song, “O mur apunar desh…” and end it with The National Anthem, “Jana gana mana…”.

            Teachers are hardworking, with a never die attitude. Dedication in delivering lessons of these energetic persons is praise worthy, teachers from Government aided school should learn from them. Remedial classes in the morning & evening are there to those who have not understood the lesson during the school.
             Curiosity may be an another name to these children, they always listen attentively when you say something new in the class. They are fond of playing games, like memory based games, attention developing games. They are very much interested in drawing. Some of them are very quick learner.
             I am teaching them English, sometimes Science. Also march-past which is important in inculcating disciplinary attitudes among children. Often I teach them drawings, necessary for development of aesthetic domain of children.
          I try to motivate them showing care, attention and say “good” when they reply correctly or else “well try”. I experienced that few good words with children change them, make them attentive in the class.
Also, I teach them football and volleyball. Planning to organise an inter-class tournament.
     Family members of Uttam Teron da, are very simple, kind and caring.  Biva and Babu, kids are lovely, niece & nephew of Uttam Teron da respectivcely. 
I feel like staying in the home.



No comments: