Monday, March 8, 2010

Email from Volunteer

Volunteering
Monday, 8 March, 2010 2:00 PM

Dear Sir/Madam
I have seen your webpage on the Omprakash Foundation and my husband and I would be interested in volunteering.We travelled in India for 6 months a few years ago and while we were there I volunteered as a teacher at the local orphanage.My name is Zoe and I am 33 years old and have a passion for teaching children who are less advantaged than Western children. My husband (Mark) is a painter (as a hobby) and I think we could fit well into your volunteering plans.Please can you let us know if you are still looking for volunteers as we would love to come over. We are looking for a long term position rather than just for a few weeks.If you feel we would be suitable then we look forward to hearing from you
Many Thanks
Zoe and Mark Tompsett
================================================================
Volunteering over the summer
Wednesday, 24 February, 2010 4:19 AM
Dear Sir or madam,
I am interested in a volunteering program over the summer. I am an open minded person, willing to work and help as much as I can. It is simple for me to work under pressure and to cope with difficult situations. I am student at Kingston University, film making design and production. Originally I am from Romania, where I have been brought up in a big family. Additionally, my house is next to orphanages so as I have a brother and sister, kids always use to come to our place to play, or we visit them.
However, I would like to know more about this engaging opportunity (as costs, visa, accommodation, language issues…). I am absolutely fascinated by the thought of being where someone needs me so hope to hear from you soon.
Thank you and have a nice day.
Maria Bondoc
==========================================

[ Volunteer ]
Saturday, 30 January, 2010 7:10 PM
hello,
We are looking to do some volunteer work in India, we are traveling around the country for about 5 months and wanted to spend part of that time volunteering. We saw some information about the Parijat Academy, me and my friend are both very passionate about drama and creative dance, (among other things) and we hope that we would be able bring a lot and also gain a lot out of it and would love to get involved with this project. We are starting our tavels in early October, hope to hear back from you.
Thank you
Elsie and Lauren
=====================================

Volunteering at / Donating to Parijat Academy
Tuesday, 19 January, 2010 7:48 PM
Hi,

I'm a software professional who has worked in the U.S. for over 25 years and am looking to do volunteer work in India as a way of giving back to society through effective use of my time and money.I found information about your school on the omprakash site and would like to help. I would like to visit personally and learn about the needs of the school. Please let me know if this is of interest and perhaps we can discuss this further.

Best regards,

Sekhar Subramani

=========================================

Painting Volunteers
Tuesday, 22 December, 2009 8:30 PM
Dear Mr.Teron,

We came across your academy through the Omprakash Foundation and are very much interested in acquiring more information about being volunteer teachers in 2010. We currently live in New York and are planning on spending some time in India very soon to work on our art, after reading about your academy, we are very much interested in teaching drawing and painting. We both are artists and designer in New York with teaching experience. We would love to hear back with more information and provide you with more information on our experience.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
Arati and Adam

==================================


Hello from Toronto Canada
Monday, 30 November, 2009 3:49 AM


Hello Uttam,

I was just speaking with Margaret Andrews about you and your school. My name is Anna MacKay, I am one of the two owners of Your Journey, we are a travel company that specializes in small group travel.We are planning on a tour of Assam Meghalaya and the surrounding states. We are just in the planning stages right now and Margaret advised us she was just there. I had the pleasure of being there a few years ago. I travelled to Guwahati, Kazaringa, Shillong and Cherrapunji and fell in love with the area. I unfortunately was only there for a quick trip, it was arranged by the Indian Tourism board to bring in travel people into the area.I would love to have a visit to your school and the surrounding villages included in our trip. I am interested in how you feel this would work and how many people you would be comfortable with visiting the school and the surrounding area. Our biggest size group is usually 16, however for this trip I was thinking 12 may be a better size for the village visit etc.Margaret had suggested 2 days would be good to see the area. We could stay in Guwahati for 3 nights. Take one day to go and visit your school, if you could talk with the group show them around, arrange a talk maybe on the school and the local area. Second day we could go out to the other villages with a pack lunch. We would need a guide to take us and show us around. As much involvement we can get into the area would be great.I am eager to hear your ideas on how this would work and if you have any other suggestions for us for visits in the area. The overall trip would most likely be 16 + days. Again just in the planning stages right now and will be flushing out the itinerary over the next month. I look forward to being in touch with you.

Warm Regards

Anna MacKay

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain

Anna MacKay

Your Journey72

Highfield RdToronto,

ON M4L2V1

Canada

===================================


INFO
Tuesday, 27 October, 2009 1:04 AM


Hello

I am recent graduate from Canada in B.Sc(Biochemistry).I am interested in doing volunteer work in your institute.I was wondering if I can join your team for volunteer work next month. I want to do work for three- four weeks in teaching.

Thank you for your time.

Navreet Deol

===============================
Volunteering

Thursday, 18 June, 2009, 12:30 AM
Dear Uttam Teron,

I got your email from a friend Arun, asking for volunteers to work inyour school over the summer. Please could you send me a few moredetails and let me know the exact dates of when you are wantingvolunteers.I am a teacher in England and would have to be back to work at thebeginning of september.Look forward to hearing from you.

Best Wishes

Olga Baron

UK

==================================


Volunteer Introduction

Wednesday, 10 June, 2009, 2:26 AM
Uttam,

This email is to introduce you to Lara Akrigg. Lara is interested in volunteering from August to September 2009 for 6 to 8 weeks. Lara is also planning on trying to do some fund raising before she comes and possibly afterward as well for Parijat Academy. I will be working with her on how this can best be done, but she needs to coordinate with you to see if you will be able to host her and work out all the necessary logistics. I will let you figure this out. Also, it might be helpful for Lara's fund raising efforts if you could give her something to focus her fundraising on. Perhaps she could brings some supplies that you want or something else of that sort. Please work this out with Lara, but do let me know if I can be of any help. Also, please respond as soon as possible even if you are unsure of the logistics at this point so that Lara can figure out other plans if this does not work out.

All Best,

Nick

No Subject ]
Thursday, 28 May, 2009 5:04 PM
Dear Uttam Teron,

I am going to India in July this year and plan to spend 2-3 months volunteering. I read about your organization and would like to volunteer my services to teach drawing and painting. I am a UK qualified primary school teacher and have a Bachelors degree of arts. I am also an experienced English language teacher. My preferred dates for volunteering would be between end of July and September but I am prepared to be flexible depending upon the needs of your school.If you feel that I would be able to help your organisation please contact me at this emial.

Warm regards

Miss Lara Akrigg

==================================

No comments: